CORE SUBJECT DESCRIPTION
The development of listening and speaking skills and strategies for effective communication in various situations.
CULMINATING PERFORMANCE STANDARD
The learner proficiently delivers various speeches using the principles of effective speech delivery.
Each student in each class will be given a unique topic to write a speech about. These topics include social and environmental issues that cripple society today. Each issue is contextualized – meaning it is picked in such a way that it is in line with the student’s strand just like inflation for ABM, historical revisionism for HUMSS and putting civilization in Mars for STEM, among others. Each student is entitled of 5 to 7-minute speech and shall deliver it based on the rubrics given. The student, however, could choose as to what type of speech he wants to write based on the nature of the topic given.
ENABLING PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. The learner designs and performs effective controlled and uncontrolled oral communication activities based on contexts.
2. The learner demonstrates effective use of communicative strategies in a variety of speech situations.
GOAL. To write and deliver a speech based on the topic chosen.
ROLES. The role of the students varies depending on the topic. This may include but not limited to:
- World Trade Expert
- Political Analyst
- Disaster Resiliency Expert
- Cultural Preservation Advocate
- Urban Planner
- Peace Process Expert
- Sports Analyst
- Filipino Masses
- International Science Discovery Conference
- Historical Revisionism Awareness Seminar
- Depression Awareness Seminar
- Cultural Awareness and Preservation Forum
PRODUCT. The student’s delivery of their self-written speech.
STANDARDS. Speech Delivery Rubric